I’ve never been very good at cooking fish, it always seem to stick to the pan or it’s too messy and it seems much easier to order a perfectly cooked piece of fish at our local seafood restaurant. Then I saw this method of cooking fish in the oven on Jessica Seinfelds Do It Delicious website and it looked so quick and easy, I just had to give it a go for my ‘Five Days : Five New Recipes‘ challenge.
4 skinless fish fillets (You can’t get halibut in Australia, I used ling fillets – but your local fish market can recommend fish for you).
200g packet of washed baby spinach
1 garlic clove
6 medium sized potatoes
One bunch of asparagus
One small punnet cherry tomatoes
1) Wash potatoes and par boil them for 10 minutes in the microwave or on the stove.
2) Heat the oven to 180 degrees, once the potatoes are par boiled, drain, cut in half and place in a roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for around 45 minutes.
3) To prepare the fish, rub a sheet pan with the cut side of the garlic then discard. (Watch Jessica Seinfelds video to see how easy it is to cook the fish here.)
4) In a large bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and spread evenly on the sheet pan.
5) Season the fish with the remaining teaspoon of salt and rub with a thin coat of oil. Place on top of the spinach and top each fillet with 2 lemon slices.
6) Wash asparagus and cherry tomatoes, cut the asparagus into thirds lengthwise. Add the asparagus and cherry tomatoes into the roasting dish with the potatoes for 7 – 8 minutes (the same time as it takes the fish to cook).
6) Place the fish in the oven and bake until the fish flakes easily, 7-8 minutes.
7) Add some grated parmesan onto the roasted potatoes, asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried a new recipe this week?