Wow. I can’t believe that 2012 is coming to a close. It’s been a massive year which saw me take up blogging back in March as a bit of fun, and amazingly – people started to read Absolute Amy. I’ve covered topics from motherhood, fashion, charity events, reviews, beauty, recipes and giveaways. Thank you SO much to everyone who’s come and said hi, taken the time to leave a comment, other bloggers who have supported, inspired and encouraged me along the way and all the people who have shared what they’re loving in their life, because that’s what blogging is all about – sharing fashion finds, recipes, things for the kids and everything in between – so we can all live a more fun, meaningful and stylish life.
I learn something from my wonderful husband every day. If he wasn’t a sports presenter, he would have been a fantastic diplomat, politician or lawyer. He is incredibly funny, charming, clever, gracious, kind and he always seems to have a logical answer for everything. He’s been my voice of reason for as long as I’ve known him and he is one of the most truly amazing people I’ve ever met. That’s just one of the many reasons why I married him.
Our Wedding Day – September 2009, Greece
Today, he’s sharing with us some of his life lessons.
1. There’s no disgrace in trying but not succeeding. The disgrace is in not trying at all.
2. Have goals, but don’t be obsessed by them. Make being as good as you can possibly be today your aim, then all your other goals will take care of themselves.
3. Smile, be happy, be nice to people – everybody enjoys the company of happy people.
4. Try and do one thing each day you really don’t like doing or have been putting off, see how good it feels to get it done.
5. You never meet anyone staying at home. In other words; if you’re looking for something or someone, go and find it. It’s unlikely it’s going to come to you.
What lessons have you learnt in life?
Has anyone given you great life advice?