During the festive season, you often need lovely little gifts for friends, family, work colleagues and neighbours. This delicious rocky road is a great alternative to a bottle of wine or box of chocolates and is so easy to make, looks beautiful displayed around the house and is also child and allergy friendly as it doesn’t contain any nuts. I made a batch, filled three clean, empty Glasshouse candle jars, tied some festive ribbon around the jars and voilà! Not only do they look great, they are so convenient to have on hand to take to a Christmas catch up. Next time I’ll create some tags to complete the look.
My lovely friend Alicia gave this recipe to me, so many thanks to her for sharing!
2 blocks Cadbury milk cooking chocolate
1 block Cadbury dark cooking chocolate
2 Cherry Ripes
2 Turkish Delights
4 Milk Arrowroot biscuits
6 – 8 marshmallows
1) Roughly chop the chocolate, biscuits and marshmallow, mix together in a bowl
2) Melt the milk chocolate and pour over the chopped ingredients, mix well
3) Pour into a shallow dish and place in the fridge
4) Once it’s set, melt half the dark chocolate and drizzle over the top
5) After the dark chocolate has set, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into bite size pieces!
After drizzling the dark chocolate, you can sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
Do you make home made gifts at Christmas?